I am a sucker for French Toast. But, I like it simple. No fruit. No Stuffing. No whipped cream. No fancy cheeses or anything of that sort. Give it to me straight up, with a little confectioners sugar, and I’m happy like a kid again.
If you’re like me, you forget how to keep it simple (sometimes). I always have to refer to the Almighty Google to find a good, simple recipe for French Toast. One day, I decided to write one down and have it at-the-ready for any spontaneous french-toasting opportunities that might present themselves on a weekend morning.
So – my gift to you – a simple French Toast recipe.
KISS French Toast
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract (I know, not entirely KISS, but it is a gourmet website afterall)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4 slices bread
- Beat egg & vanilla together. Stir in milk.
- Dip bread in mixture. Coat both sides evenly.
- Cook bread slices in nonstick pan (griddle or skillet ok too. It’s still simple) until browned and a little crispy on both sides.
- Apply confectioners (powdered) sugar. Eat while hot.
Enjoy the simplicity!