Cleaning Your Fletchers’ Mill Pepper or Salt Mill
- Unscrew the top nut.
- Remove the top.
- Empty any remaining salt or pepper.
- Turn the mill upside down and pop out the rod by tapping it firmly against a hard surface.
- Clean the mill with a dry brush or cloth.
- Push the rod back in from the bottom, making sure it goes through the grinder ring until it pops into place.
- Fill your mill with salt or pepper.
- Put the top back on, MAKE SURE THAT THE METAL KEY CLICKS IN ON THE ROD.
- Screw on top nut while pushing up on the rod so it is flush with the bottom of the grinding mechanism.
- The tighter the nut, the finer the grind.
- WATCH our video demonstration, located to the right side of this page.
CAUTION: Water or moisture can damage the wood finish and affect the performance of the mill.